Thursday 27 June 2013

Keshi wants Yobo, Odemwingie back

Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi, has
insisted that he is ready to welcome back
Osaze Odemwingie and skipper Joseph
Yobo into his team.
The Big Boss and the players, have
become estranged after they expressed
their anger at their exclusion from this
squad, without proper communication.
However, after seeing some of his
inexperienced players flop at the
Confederations Cup, the former Togo boss
is eager to have some experienced faces
back.
“They should just be themselves, play
their game,” Keshi told KickOff. “Yobo is
still my captain. It’s unfortunate that he’s
not here, but he’s still the captain of the
team.
“Taiwo is still playing but I have younger
players that are playing well. I have
Juwon, who is not here. I have Benjamin
Francis, and I have Echiejile whose
performance has improved greatly. So it
will be a difficult thing for Taiwo to get
back in.
“For Osaze, he still has a place in
the team. I’m not looking for an
apology from him. Osaze is
somebody that I like very well and he
knows that. The thing is, it’s about the
team that I’m worried about.
“I don’t want to have a player that will
come in and divide the team, or want to
come and do something to destabilize the
team, because when the team is not
together, it becomes very difficult to win.
“I’m not saying he is going to come in and
do that, but a little bit of what he has
shown has told me that this is possible.
“I really want to have him in the team,
and I would like to give him another
opportunity.”
Keshi also admitted that Obinna Nsofor
has not featured in his plans so far,
because the forward has always been
injured whenever he called him up and
revealed that Martins was still in his
thoughts.
“The person I am really keen to have is
Obinna Nsofor. Unfortunately, each time I
call him, he’s always injured. Hopefully
next time he will be fit.
“Martins is coming back gradually. The last
two call-ups he wasn’t in good shape but
I needed to play him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment